This is Episode 50 of the Business Marketing Show – we both regularly see clients in trouble, websites hacked, domain names expired and a whole host of other problems that could have been easily avoided.
In this episode we share some simple, most DIY steps that will go a long way towards eliminating the downside and protecting your web and online assets.
This episode is one every business owner should listen to as it’s extremely rare to come across a business that has all of these steps implemented.
Notes from this episode:
- Domain Names
- Whois privacy protection
- Registrar as far in advance as possible
- Check and make sure your domain name information is correct and is using a current email address
- Make sure your credit card/payment information is up to date with your provider
- Use two factor authentication if provided
- Get alerted to website outages with Pingdom.com
- Make sure your CMS has regular patches & updates applied (by your hosting company or website provider).
- Use Akismet Spam Filtering instead of captcha codes on forms
- Setup alerting for your name and your brand name using mention.net
- Get your IT or web company to setup an SPF record for your email hosting to help eliminate problems with spam and to ensure the best chance of your emails being delivered.
Click here to listen on iTunes or click the Play button below to play from your web browser.